ESP8266EX is among the most integrated WiFi chips in the industry with the size of 5mm x 5mm ; it integrates the antenna switches, RF balun, power amplifier, low noise receive amplifier, filters, power management modules while requires minimal external circuitry. The entire solution, including front-end module, is designed to occupy minimal PCB area.
ESP8266EX integrates Tensilica L106 32-bit micro controller (MCU) which features extra low power consumption and 16-bit RSIC. The CPU clock speed is 80 MHz. It can also reach a maximum value of 160 MHz. Real Time Operation System (RTOS) is enabled. Currently, only 20% of MIPS has been occupied by the Wi-Fi stack, the rest can all be used for user application programming and development.
ESP8266EX has been designed for mobile, wearable electronics and Internet of Things applications with the aim of achieving the lowest power consumption with a combination of several proprietary technologies. The power saving architecture operates in 3 modes: active mode, sleep mode and deep sleep mode.
By integrating more components on-chip, we have made the solution to be the most robust and manufacturable. Our solutions also feature the widest operating temperature range, from -40°C to +125°C.
• 802.11 b/g/n
• Integrated low power 32-bit MCU
• Integrated 10-bit ADC
• Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
• Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
• Integrated PLL, regulators, and power management units
• Supports antenna diversity
• WiFi 2.4 GHz, support WPA/WPA2
• Support STA/AP/STA+AP operation modes
• Support Smart Link Function for both Android and iOS devices
• SDIO 2.0, (H) SPI, UART, I2C, I2S, IR Remote Control, PWM, GPIO
• STBC, 1x1 MIMO, 2x1 MIMO
• A-MPDU & A-MSDU aggregation & 0.4s guard interval
• Deep sleep power <10uA, Power down leakage current < 5uA
• Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
• Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
• +20 dBm output power in 802.11b mode
• Operating temperature range -40C ~ 125C
• FCC, CE, TELEC, WiFi Alliance, and SRRC certified